Charitable Pharmacy Eligibility

St. Vincent de Paul  Pharmacy  Charitable Pharmacy Eligibility

The St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy, with locations at the Don & Phyllis Neyer Outreach Center and the Western Hills Thrift Store, provides a last resort safety net for those who have no other way to access their prescription medication.


The St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy offers the following services:

  • Prescription medication filling, dispensing and counseling
  • Medication therapy management and comprehensive medication reviews
  • Disease state and medication use education, follow-up and monitoring
  • Health screenings (hypertension, diabetes) and medical home placement
  • Influenza and pneumonia immunization when available
  • Patient Assistance Program enrollment


To be eligible for any of these services:

  • You must live in Hamilton, Warren, Butler or Clermont County
  • Your household income is less than 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Level or your paid living expenses must equal or exceed income
  • You have no insurance or insurance with unaffordable copays
  • You must complete an in-person certification process
  • You are required to be re-certified every six months


Patients may certify for the pharmacy program by walk-in, appointment or physician referral. Walk-in space is limited. To make an appointment, please call 513-562-8841, ext. 223. To be certified to receive medicine from St. Vincent de Paul, you must provide:

  • Proof of residence (bill or photo ID with your current address)
  • Photo ID
  • Verification of your income and the income of all members of your household for the past two months, such as:
    • Two most recent paychecks or pay stubs
    • Bank statement showing paycheck deposits
    • Statement of unemployment benefits
    • Statement of child support and/or alimony
    • Social Security, SSD, or SSI letter or statement
    • Statement of Food Stamp Benefits from JFS
    • Latest tax return

If you have no income, please bring:

  • Letter from a case manager of the social service or health agency that referred you, on agency letterhead, stating that you have no income; OR
  • Letter from anyone who gives you money to pay your bills stating that you currently have no income; OR
  • Letter written by you stating that you currently have no income
  • If your household monthly income is greater than 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Level, you also need to bring:
  • Verification of your paid expenses and the expenses of all members of your household, including:
    • Rent or mortgage
    • Utilities (gas, electric, water, sewer, trash)
    • Home and/or cell phone
    • Credit cards and student loans
    • Hospital, doctor, and pharmacy
    • Car payment and insurance
    • Alimony, child support, or child care
    • Any other bills and expenses on which you are paying that are not listed above
  • Photo ID and health insurance cards (Medicare, Medicaid, private, etc.)
  • Original or faxed prescriptions. A printout of all current medications is also helpful