Senior Development Manager
Reports To: Director of External Relations
Hours: 40 hours/week
Scope of Position: The Senior Development Manager is responsible for contributing to the creation of and implementation of the organization’s development strategies. Specifically, this role manages all components of the organization’s gift processing, appeals calendar, grant funding, planned giving, and the Charitable Pharmacy’s overall development goals.
- Create and implement organization’s planned giving strategies; manage individual donors who are in the Ozanam Legacy of Hope Society
- Develop and manage implementation of the annual fundraising strategy for the SVDP Charitable Pharmacy (which maintains its own budget and non-profit status), including formation of revenue budget, management of Pharmacy donors, coordination with the Pharmacy team, and preparation and presentation of reporting to the Pharmacy Board
- Develop and oversee organization’s grant calendar to ensure all grant proposals and reports are submitted in an organized and timely manner; manage Grant Writer; review drafted grants and reports; write grants, as needed
- Develop strategy for and manage implementation of online and direct mail solicitations throughout the year
- Manage Giving Officer, Gift Processing Coordinator and Grant Writer
- Oversee all processes related to the donor database, act as backup to the Gift Processing Coordinator
- Assist in executing the organization’s three main fundraising events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years successful development experience
- Strong time management, organizational, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Familiarity with planned giving tools
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multitask and work well under deadlines
- Proven ability to create, grow, and retain strong donor relationships; exceptional active listening capacity
- Experience leading others in pursuit of a common goal; proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul
- Familiarity with Donor Perfect or similar CRM database, preferred
- Staff supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Physical Requirements: Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk using standard office equipment. Occasional requirement to lift items of 20 pounds for special events.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Denise Jewell, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Outreach Center Safety Associate
Non-Exempt, hourly (40 hours per week, Monday–Friday 8:00am-4:30 pm)
Reports To: Outreach Center Services Ambassador
Scope of Position:
The Outreach Center Safety Associate will contribute to the safety and comfort of all neighbors, staff, and volunteers at the Neyer Outreach Center. They will monitor public spaces, deescalate emotionally charged situations, and provide quality customer service to neighbors, volunteers, and guests. They will also provide support to the Outreach Center Services Ambassador, including greeting everyone as they come in the building, entering accurate information into our case management system, and providing appropriate referrals to neighbors in need. The Outreach Center Safety Associate is vital to creating and maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for all who enter the Neyer Outreach Center.
Models the mission and values of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Performs regular rounds of the Outreach Center’s public spaces to ensure the safety of the building and its occupants
- Welcomes and provides compassionate guidance to all guests who enter the Outreach Center
- Enforces building policy, including checking in with neighbors who remain in the building after receiving services
- Monitors interactions that occur in the lobby to ensure that all guests are treated with respect
- Deescalates emotionally charged situations and secures outside resources as needed to support neighbors who may be in crisis
- Ensures reception and waiting area are neat and clean and notifies administrative staff of maintenance needs as needed
- Supports the work of the Outreach Center Services Ambassador by serving as a consistent presence at the front desk
- Provides guests with information about services offered
- Ensures necessary forms are completed and that needed documentation for service requests is presented
- Refers guests to SVDP Conferences, our Call Center, or other community resources if appropriate
- Directs donors making in person contributions at the Neyer Outreach Center to SVDP’s drop off location and provides donation receipts for “in-kind” contributions
- Alerts staff, according to policy, of visitors who may require special attention
- Receives packages and mail for the Neyer Outreach Center
- Participates as a member of the SVDP Outreach Center Programs team
- Performs clerical duties as requested by supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to react calmly in stressful situations are required. Applicant must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Applicant must be able to work effectively with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds. Proficiency in Spanish is an asset. A background in administrative work and/or building security is a plus. Comfort with computers is essential; proficiency in Word and Excel is preferred.
Work Environment: Office environment – adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
Physical Requirements: Job duties are a combination of standing, walking, and sitting. There may be some bending and carrying light items up to 35 lbs.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward cover letter, resume & compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.