Social Services Advocate
Reports To: Social Services Team Manager
Scope of Position: The Social Services Advocate is the primary contact person for those requesting social services at the Neyer Outreach Center. Engagement, assessment, eligibility determination, gathering documentation and service delivery are primary functions. Engaging neighbors to develop a holistic plan that incorporates assistance from SVDP with resources available through other agencies or individuals in order to address their needs is another critical function. The team member must be able to: 1) build relationships with neighbors in need, using a strengths-based approach to help them recognize and utilize their personal strengths and resources; 2) promote systemic change; and 3) adhere to SVDP’s policies and procedures to ensure program sustainability. This team member must consistently model the mission and values of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Engage neighbors seeking assistance, either by walk in or appointment, to holistically assess overall situation, eligibility for assistance and provide appropriate SVDP assistance and referrals, as necessary
- Assess and respond, as necessary, to needs of neighbors presenting critical situations at any time during business hours
- Participate as a member of the SVDP Social Services team as well as positively interacting with volunteers and other SVDP staff
- Prepare case notes, develop and maintain files, and enter required neighbor related data accurately into our electronic case management system
- Participate in selection process used to identify requests for rent and utility assistance to receive funding
- Maintain awareness of primary community resources available to address needs presented by neighbors as well as the process for accessing them
- Assist Call Center with harvesting and returning calls to neighbors
- Lead/participate in special projects as required
- Typical hours are Monday – Friday 8-4:30, with occasional Saturday hours
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: High school diploma required; college degree is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or related fields preferred. Bilingual (Spanish speaking) abilities are a plus. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate well orally and in writing; commitment to detail and documentation; project management skills; ability to work under pressure; and a comfort in engaging with people of different cultural and economic backgrounds in a faith-based setting are necessary.
Work Environment: Office Environment – Adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
Physical Requirements: Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items up to 35 lbs; driving an automobile.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward cover letter, resume & compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Deadline to apply is Monday, April 10!
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Hours: 40 Hours – Full Time
Scope of Position: The Grant Manager is responsible for finding funding opportunities for an organization and writing polished proposals to earn grant money. Duties include researching deadlines, drafting grant requests, and submitting reports for approval.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Stewardship with donors.
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the organization.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Assisting with the execution of the Development Department’s strategy.
- Works with appropriate personnel to research, develop, write, and submit letters of inquiry, concept papers, grant proposals, interim reports, and final evaluation reports.
- Coordinates and follows-up on the progress of submitted proposals with Senior Development Manager and Program Director.
- Remains up to date on current issues relative to grant proposals
- Informs Senior Development Manager on the progress of all grants and issues that may arise with each grant during bi-weekly meetings.
- Researches and identifies new government, corporate, and private foundation funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting, managing grant proposals and all reporting requirements.
- Collaborating with Senior Development Manager to compile an annual report.
- Collaborate with Finance Department to gather needed financial documentation for proposals and reports.
- Requires the kind of teamwork, supervision, and personal interaction, that cannot be had in a home office situation: therefore, regular, and predictable on-site attendance is a job requirement.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Develop grant plan.
- Required to attend organizational events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, communications, or related field.
- Knowledge of organizational and foundation financial requirements.
- Previous experience with grant writing and/or nonprofit fundraising.
- Proficiency in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data.
- (2) years of writing experience.
- Passion for SVDP’s mission and comfort communicating on topics of faith, charity, and justice.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Excellent Computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and database management skills (Donor Perfect).
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Exceptional knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to Susan Hall at email@example.com