Conferences Formation Coordinator
(25 hours per week, variable schedule)
Reports To: Director of Conferences and Special Projects
Scope of Position:
This staff position is responsible for developing and delivering Formation and Training to Conference members in the Cincinnati District Council and to others interested in learning more about St. Vincent de Paul. Formation and Training will include the Ozanam Orientation along with a number of core training modules and other ad hoc modules as required to meet the needs of both new and existing Vincentians and Conferences. The Formation Coordinator will also be responsible for arranging Conference retreats and spiritual celebrations and liturgies. The Formation Coordinator values and models Vincentian spirituality, friendship and service and acts as a spiritual animator for the District Council, providing mentoring and support to the Conferences as directed by the Director of Conferences and Special Projects.
- Work closely with the Director of Conferences and Special Projects to define the annual Formation and Training offerings for the Cincinnati District Council, supporting the needs of Vincentians as identified by Conference Assessments, the Strategic Plan, and the foundational documents of the Society.
- Plan, promote and deliver Formation and Training events, including the Ozanam Orientation.
- Plan and deliver retreats, spiritual celebrations, and liturgies for the Cincinnati District Council.
- Assist the Conferences Manager in the planning and execution of other Cincinnati District Council events (e.g., Fellowship Mass & Reception, District Meetings).
- Evaluate each Formation and Training event, working toward continual improvement in the events themselves and in the schedule overall.
- Create and distribute materials promoting Formation and Training events.
- Lead the Cincinnati District Council Formation Committee, including identifying new Committee members and managing quarterly Committee meetings.
- Identify potential new presenters and formators and participate in their formation and training.
- Support and advocate for growth in Vincentian spirituality throughout the District (Conferences, Outreach Center, and Ozanam Center for Service Learning), to include creating spiritual content for Council communications.
- Provide any necessary Formation and Training to support Conference Spiritual Advisors.
- Maintain Cincinnati District Council Formation and Training records and report results as requested.
- Maintain a library of support materials to enrich Vincentian experience.
- Attend Conference meetings as needed in order to reinforce Vincentian spirituality and values.
- Prepare prayers, reflections and retreats for Society Board meetings as requested.
- Collaborate and support the SVDP Formation and Training needs of the Hamilton and St. Martin Districts as time permits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience. Preferred degree in Pastoral Ministry, Theology, Religious Education or related field of study. Vincentian experience is preferred.
- While SVDP Cincinnati values a diverse workforce, this position’s uniquely Catholic nature requires that the ideal candidate be an observant Roman Catholic with a commitment to the beliefs and culture of the Catholic faith.
- History of successful program implementation and development; strong organizational and interpersonal skills; an ability to communicate well orally and in writing; and the ability to effectively relate to people of different cultural and economic backgrounds are necessary.
- Knowledge of adult learning processes.
- Solid computer skill proficiency including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint); ability to operate training equipment.
- Schedule flexibility to support weekend and evening activities to equal an average of 25 hours total per week.
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills.
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to travel offsite as needs of the position dictate.
Work Environment: Office Environment –adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Remote activities will include presenting, facilitating, and interacting throughout our Council’s geographic footprint. Remote activities could also integrate some work-from-home arrangements.
Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk; however there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items up to 35 pounds; ability to drive or otherwise commute to/from and participate in off-site meetings & events is required.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward cover letter, resume & compensation expectations to email@example.com. Thank you.