Svdp Honors Reds Owner Bob Castellini At Fifth Annual Celebration Of Service
As St. Vincent de Paul celebrates its 150th anniversary, it is reserving an evening to honor one of the area’s most active community supporters: Bob Castellini. The event takes place on Thursday, May 9, at 6:00 p.m. in the Cintas Center on the campus of Xavier University.
Bob is owner and CEO of the Cincinnati Reds—who are also celebrating their 150th anniversary this year—as well as chairman of the Castellini Group of Companies. He is a longtime advocate of St. Vincent de Paul and serves on the board of a wide range of organizations that focus on improving Cincinnati and the lives of those who live here.
More than 300 people are expected to honor Bob at the event. Those sharing stories about Bob during the evening include:
- George Vincent, Marketing Partner and Chairman at the law firm Dinsmore
- Linda Smith-Berry, Manager of the Good Samaritan Free Health Center, and
- Fr. Barry Windholtz, Pastor of St. Rose Church in Cincinnati
The evening also includes a fundraising component that supports St. Vincent de Paul’s Liz Carter Homelessness Prevention Fund, which helps keep Cincinnati families safe in their homes. To date, more than $1 million has been raised for the fund during the four previous Celebration of Service events.
Previous Celebration of Service honorees include:
- Liz Carter, who oversaw St. Vincent de Paul in Cincinnati for 15 years as its executive director.
- Dan Hurley, a St. Vincent de Paul Board member, longtime Cincinnatian historian and former director of the Leadership Cincinnati program.
- Mike Conaton, St. Vincent de Paul Advisory Board member, and retired president and vice-chairman of the Midland Co.
- Rev. Barry Windholtz, St. Vincent de Paul Advisory Board member and pastor of St. Rose Church in the East End.