Thank you for volunteering your time and talent with us at St. Vincent de Paul.
Without volunteers like you, we would not be able to do what we do to serve those in need.
Our highest priority is to show respect and love to both our volunteers and the clients we serve,
and to provide the opportunity to grow as individuals. To this end, we have put together a list
of things that you can expect from our staff and what we ask of you as a volunteer. Again, we are
truly grateful for your willingness to help our agency and the people we serve
We, St. Vincent de Paul, will do our best to:
- Provide you with any training and support that you need.
- Provide check-in meetings and updates with a staff support contact.
- Provide volunteer experiences that respect your skills, dignity and individual wishes.
- Consult with you and keep you informed of changes and things going on at SVdP.
- Provide a safe and meaningful volunteer experience.
Here are a few basic guidelines that we ask you to follow:
- Please provide as much notice as possible in the event that you cannot volunteer as expected.
- Please check in with your staff support contact during your volunteer shift.
- Please leave valuables at home. St. Vincent de Paul cannot be responsible for lost or stolen personal items while you are volunteering.
- Confidentiality and professionalism are of the utmost importance when working with people in need. Please do not share personal client information unless it is with a relevant St. Vincent de Paul staff member. Also, do not share your personal information with clients.
- You may not take from our premises goods or property belonging to St. Vincent de Paul or given to St. Vincent de Paul to benefit the needy without written approval of your supervisor.
- Please do not accept tips.
- Please understand that you may be asked to leave the property if you do not follow the policies of St. Vincent de Paul or the directions of a staff member.