What makes VVC different?
Live in Faith
- Share weekly reflection and prayer as a community to give meaning and context to experiences of direct service.
- Serve with a parish-based St. Vincent de Paul Conference to connect with others living the Vincentian charism and expand our experience of “neighbors helping neighbors”.
- Participate in three retreats throughout the year to help re-center and ground you on your service year journey.
Grow in Friendship
- Live in an intentional community with 5-9 other VVCs to help support you during your year.
- Embody the St. Vincent de Paul motto, “Neighbors Helping Neighbors,” living two blocks from the Liz Carter Outreach Center where you serve.
- Engage in relationships with a diverse network: the VVC community, parish Vincentians, retreatants from the Ozanam Center for Service Learning, as well as neighbors in need.
Serve in Solidarity
- Serve full-time for St. Vincent de Paul in unique work placements based on your professional goals, skills, and the needs of the organization.
- Be welcomed in the homes of our neighbors in need through home visits as a unique opportunity to provide person-to-person service.
- Gain new skills and professional experience to position you for success beyond a year with VVC. 100% of program alumni have gone on to a meaningful next step (school, career, or another service year) within six months of completion of the program.