Dive into service!
Priority deadline: January 20, 2020
Second deadline: March 15, 2020
Final deadline: May 31, 2020
*We may continue taking applications past the May 31st deadline, dependent on position availability. Please email email@example.com for inquiries.
Move-in day: August 23, 2020 (Sunday)
Orientation week: August 24 – 28, 2020
Program end date: July 22, 2021
Step 1: Online application and three references
- Fill out the online application by January 12, 2020 for priority consideration for service placements.
- Reference forms will be sent by VVC staff to the three listed references on your application and should be received within 10 days of submission of your application, submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt of your completed application (including references).
Step 2: Virtual or in-person interview
Should your application and references be accepted, we will reach out to set up a virtual or in-person interview. Interviews will be divided into 2 portions – the first portion will be with VVC staff, and the second will be with work placement staff. If you are able to interview in-person, this time will also include a tour of our St. Vincent de Paul Outreach Center, as well as the Volunteer house.
Step 3: Offer and onboarding
An official placement offer will be extended to you upon successful matching with a placement position within our Outreach Center within 2 weeks of each deadline.
If accepted, we will begin the process of onboarding you to begin your service year as a Vincentian Volunteer of Cincinnati, including background checks and paperwork required to process your eligibility for the AmeriCorps Education Award you will receive upon completion of the program.
Meeting your Community
In the summer, you will be introduced to your new community members, and will have the opportunity to communicate with each other prior to Orientation in August.
Move in and Orientation
- Move-in day is on the Sunday before Orientation week (see above for current year date).
- Airport, Greyhound or Megabus pick-up will be made available (VVCs are responsible for travel into Cincinnati).
- We will officially begin our time together with a simple community dinner that evening, before Orientation week officially begins the next day.
- Orientation will run through the course of the week, closing with time at the SVdP Outreach Center on Friday, providing the opportunity to meet your colleagues before the first official full day of work the coming Monday.
Dive into your year of service in the non-profit social service world!
Jump into your first full day at your work placement after Orientation week, which will include work-site orientation, as well as position training. There may be some training courses required for the VVC to participate in, which will be offered upon beginning your year of service.