In addition to services regularly provided, we offer additional special services and resources periodically throughout the year. Please continue to check the site for updates on the times and dates of our additional resources. See below for details and requirements.
**All services open to the public and held at 1146 Bank St. unless otherwise noted**
To learn about how to get involved in nutritional classes on Saturdays at 1146 Bank St., call our pantry coordinator at 513-562-8841, ext. 858.
Vision Screenings and Eye Exams:
- To request an appointment, call the Cincinnati Eye Institute at 513-569-3722. Ask to be seen at the CEI Foundation Vision Clinic at St. Vincent de Paul.
UC Open School Clinic:
They are not operating during the pandemic.
Typically they operate every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Free blood pressure checks, oral checks, foot checks, glucose monitoring, nutrition counseling, and other health services
- Provided by faculty and students of the University of Cincinnati
We are not offering oral/dental screenings during the pandemic. However, THE CINCINNATI HEALTH DEPARTMENT HAS THREE DENTAL CENTERS OPEN TO SERVE THE URGENT ORAL HEALTH NEEDS OF OUR COMMUNITY.
It is critically important that Emergency Departments keep their focus on treating COVID-19 patients. If you are experiencing dental problems, the Cincinnati Health Department is providing emergency dental care through coordinated walk-in and virtual visits.
For your safety, all patients are encouraged to call any of the three available locations first for a telephone or video call evaluation. In case an office visit is necessary, you will be immediately contacted to schedule an appointment. You can also reach the on-call dental provider after office hours at 866-485-0271.
Medicaid and most major private insurances are accepted, and offer income-based fees for patients without insurance.
Certification are by appointment. Call 562-8841, ext. 223, 228 or 230, to schedule an appointment.
We now provide transportation support for new employment only. Supplies are limited. Call 513-421-0602 for details.
- Must show proof of employment (paycheck or work schedule).
Ohio State ID vouchers can be obtained by calling 513-421-0602 Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to noon. The limit is 2 per household.
Birth Certificates can be obtained by calling 513-421-0602. Limit 2 per household per lifetime.
Have you or a loved one been affected by the criminal justice system and now find it hard to move ahead in life? St. Vincent de Paul's Reentry Program provides ongoing support to men and women who want to turn their lives around after being incarcerated.
Contact Dominic Duren, Reentry Manager, at 513-614-8052, ext. 851, or dduren@SVDPcincinnati.org.
- Funds are to be used for basic needs assistance.
- Client is actively participating in the Help Program, Project WESTT, or is being referred by a St. Vincent de Paul Conference to a reentry program.
- Client or members of the family are struggling with barriers following incarceration.
- The assistance provided by St. Vincent de Paul will support the successful completion of a reentry program.
Getting Ahead Program
Have you ever had to decide between buying groceries and paying your bills? Don't know where to start from or what you need? Getting Ahead can help you!
Getting Ahead is a 16-week long program that challenges and encourages participants in a group setting to take an active role in creating their own path to securing a stable and better life for themselves and their families.
- Develop a 'Getting Ahead' action plan for the future.
- A weekly stipend for the duration of the program.
- Free lunch during sections.
Are you motivated to change your life for the better? Call the program coordinator, Sunnie Lain at 513-345-4966, or email her at email@example.com.
Other agencies providing assistance in the community can be found here.