Donate now and your gift will be doubled up to $5,000!
The St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy, with locations at the Liz Carter Outreach Center and the Western Hills Thrift Store, provides a last resort safety net for those who have no other way to access their prescription medication.
For more information on qualifying for no-cost prescription medication through the Charitable Pharmacy click here for English or here Spanish, or call 513-562-8841, ext. 228 or ext. 230.
Opened in September 2006, The St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy is the only pharmacy in southwest Ohio dedicated to providing completely free medication and professional pharmaceutical care to people in need from Hamilton, Butler, Warren, and Clermont counties.
To date, the Charitable Pharmacy has filled over 421,000 prescriptions for those in need with a total estimated retail value of over $49.7 million.
About 90 percent of all prescription requests are able to be filled or our pharmacists are able to find a viable therapeutic substitute. Overall health is promoted through medication reviews, health screenings, and, when necessary, referrals for a primary care provider.
The Charitable Pharmacy is currently accepting financial donations, donations of sample medication from physician offices, and pharmaceuticals from long-term care pharmacies. For more information about donating drug samples from a physician’s office, click here.
Please consider referring any patients to the Charitable Pharmacy that may benefit from the program.
The St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy is funded in part by the support of Hamilton County residents through the Indigent Care Levy.
We are seeking licensed pharmacists who are willing to volunteer 4-8 hours per week on a regular basis.
- The pharmacy is open for prescription drop-off and pick-up on Monday to Saturday, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to noon. Help is also needed on other days.
- Duties include filling prescriptions or picking up samples at physician offices.
- Volunteer pharmacists will work side-by-side with our staff pharmacists.
For more information, please contact Lydia Bailey.
We are also seeking volunteers to help qualify individuals for help from the pharmacy.
- Knowledge of the medical field is helpful but is not necessary. Volunteers will be trained and will work side-by-side with our staff patient-advocate.
- The pharmacy is open for client certification on Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Follow up work with clients is conducted on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Volunteer duties include meeting with individuals to certify them for help from the pharmacy
For more information, please contact Lakiesha Worthy at 513-562-8841, ext. 228.