Emergency Assistance Aftercare Advocate
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati District Council (SVDP) is a leader in bringing emotional, spiritual and material assistance to the poor, lonely and forgotten in our community. SVDP has an immediate opportunity for an Emergency Assistance Aftercare Advocate to play an integral role as a resource for neighbors who have recently obtained housing after leaving shelter.
X_ Non-Exempt, hourly
X_ Temporary, 1 year
Reports To: Social Services Advocate Team Leader
Scope of Position: The Emergency Assistance Aftercare Advocate is the primary contact person for Family Housing Partnership (FHP) clients. The Advocate provides and accurately documents a wide range of services to people in need within established guidelines and in a spirit of kindness and respect. Standard work week hours, Monday – Friday; rare evening and/or weekend hours possible.
1) Respond to service requests from families who have exited services within the Family Housing Partnership, as well as requests that come in person or online.
2) Meet with clients to assess and respond to their needs within the parameters of agency guidelines and policies.
3) Be aware of and know how to access various funds available to St. Vincent de Paul-Cincinnati District Council.
4) Promptly and accurately document interviews with clients, assistance extended, referrals offered, etc., and develop and maintain files, case notes, and reports according to agency specifications.
5) Assist in making appointments for St. Vincent de Paul services.
6) Be aware of and understand how to access services of other agencies.
7) Provide a report every six months regarding: the number of households referred for Emergency Assistance from FHP partners; the number of households that received services broken out by key services (i.e. financial assistance, food); and identify households to enable Strategies To End Homelessness to produce recidivism reports.
8) Participate as a member of the SVDP Social Services team.
9) Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A high school diploma or equivalent is required. College degree in social work, human services, or related fields is preferred. Strong interpersonal skills; an ability to communicate well orally and in writing; and a comfort in engaging with people of different cultural and economic backgrounds in a faith-based setting are necessary.
Work Environment: Office Environment – Adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
Physical Requirements: Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk; however there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items up to 35 lbs; driving an automobile.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward cover letter, resume, & compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul-Cincinnati District Council provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Vincent de Paul complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Help Wanted at Our 7 Neighborhood Thrift Store & Donation Centers!
Cashiers, stock clerks, warehousemen, sales, assistant managers needed.
Apply in person at your neighborhood St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store or fill out the application below.