Social Worker-Vincentian Support
_X_ Exempt, Full time, Salaried position
Reports To: Social Services Director
Scope of Position: Serves as a social services resource for Vincentians (parish-based volunteers); plays an integral role in ensuring that these Vincentians, as well as Outreach Center staff & volunteers, receive training & support to provide effective service to our neighbors in need. Role includes occasional evening and weekend interaction.
- Provide consultation for Vincentians (parish-based volunteers) dealing with complex cases, including but not limited to:
- Coach effective intervention techniques
- Engage Vincentians and (as needed) Neighbors to navigate progress
- Share expertise on when/who/how to engage case management resources at other agencies
- Offer referral information
- Serve as a resource for social-work-related training and programming to the Conferences Manager, Formation Coordinator, our Ozanam Center for Service Learning, Vincentians, Outreach Center staff and volunteers
- Coach Vincentians on submitting actionable Homelessness Prevention Program applications for assistance; responsible for review and approval of complete applications
- Serve as liaison with the Plumb Line of Christ Church Cathedral for referrals of assistance requests originated by Conferences
- Supervise the implementation and execution of programming initiatives, such as Getting Ahead, based in and supported by Conferences, while ensuring outcomes are measured and reported
- Communicate with Conferences Manager to optimize collaboration
- Co-administer our Employee Assistance Program
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Social Services Director.
Bachelor’s in Social Work (BSW) or related field with LSW licensure is required; Master’s in Social Work (MSW) with LSW licensure is preferred; three years relevant experience, computer literacy and the ability to relate effectively with people of different economic and cultural backgrounds are required; experience working with volunteers in a non-profit setting is preferred; and project management experience is preferred.
Work Environment: Office Environment – Adequately lighted, heated and ventilated
Physical Requirements: Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk, also some walking, standing, bending, & carrying light items up to 35 lbs; Ability to commute to/from and participate in off-site meetings & events.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward cover letter, resume, & compensation expectations to email@example.com. Thank you.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul- Cincinnati Council provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Vincent de Paul complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati (SVDP) is the leader in bringing emotional, spiritual and material assistance to the poor, lonely and forgotten in our community. SVDP has an immediate opportunity for a social worker to play an integral role as a resource for parish-based volunteers.
Help Wanted at Our 7 Neighborhood Thrift Store & Donation Centers!
Cashiers, stock clerks, warehousemen, sales, assistant managers needed.
Apply in person at your neighborhood St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store or fill out the application below.