Desperate times call for…us.
As a local organization that maintains the front line of emergency aid for neighbors in need, our ability to impact Cincinnati neighborhoods is unparalleled. We accomplish this by consistently drawing inspiration from our history, values, beliefs and founding principles.
Although part of an international organization, St. Vincent de Paul - Cincinnati is very much a grassroots charity: we create programs and fund a network that targets and directly administers to the specific needs of local residents; simultaneously, we draw on the experiences and the occasional help of Councils throughout the country.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is an international Catholic organization of laypersons founded in 1833 by Frederic Ozanam and colleagues. Placed under the patronage of St. Vincent de Paul, the Society continues to derive inspiration from his thinking and work.
The Society originated in Paris where Frederic and five other university students were spurred by the challenges of their own classmates. They walked the streets of Paris, engaging in person-to-person ministry to the poor, confident that Christ would be revealed through their loving acts.
The tiny group eventually grew into today’s international organization with members in 150 countries, all helping others through neighborhood ministry.
- St. Vincent de Paul - Cincinnati seeks, in a spirit of justice and charity of its members, to help those who are suffering.
- Faithful to the spirit of its founders, the Society constantly strives to renew and adapt itself to the changing conditions of the world.
- Catholic in character, the Society is open to all who wish to live their faith by loving and serving their neighbor.
- No work of charity is foreign to the Society. Vincentian helping can include any person-to-person assistance that promotes human dignity and integrity. The Society is concerned not only with relieving need but also with redressing the situations that cause it.
- Members of the Society are united in the same spirit of poverty and sharing. There is no distinction regarding wealth, position, social status, or ethnic origin in the Society. Members form throughout the world with those they help, as one and the same family.
Answering Christ’s call, we foster hope by providing spiritual, emotional and material assistance on a person-to-person basis to the poor, lonely and forgotten in our community.
To bring faith alive through service to others, one neighbor at a time.
- Holiness of life
- Service of the poor
- Community of Faith
Find out even more about St. Vincent de Paul - Cincinnati:
Reach out to the group that reaches out directly to neighbors in need.
To schedule a pickup, donate to a thrift store or donate a car, boat or RV, please call (513) 421-CARE (2273).
Looking for a specific St. Vincent de Paul address or phone number including to our neighborhood Thrift Stores? Here's how to Find Us.
To make a financial or planned gift, please contact:
Holly End, Director of Development
(513) 562-8841 x 859
To donate a vehicle, furniture, household items or clothing, please contact:
Jim Wenstrup, Logistics Director
(513) 421-CARE (2273)
Members of the media, please contact:
Patricia Dawson, Communications Coordinator
(513) 562-8841 x 013
Interested in volunteering, please contact:
Erin Cusick, Volunteer Coordinator
(513) 562-8841 x 211
For all other comments, please use our Contact Form.