Help for Neighbors Affected by Medicaid Unwinding
This spring, Ohio is anticipating the cancellation of Medicaid benefits for over 200,000 Medicaid beneficiaries. As pandemic-related federal funding reduces, Ohio Medicaid will return to its process for verifying Medicaid eligibility, and many in our community may experience gaps in their coverage as a result. The best thing you can do to prevent these gaps is to update your contact information with Ohio Medicaid and respond quickly to any correspondence from Medicaid.
St. Vincent de Paul has resources available, at no cost to you, through the Charitable Pharmacy:
- Free Medication. The Charitable Pharmacy provides free prescription medications for Ohio residents who do not have Medicaid and are either uninsured or underinsured without affordable insurance or Medicare copays.
- Free Clinical Pharmacy Services. All patients receive Comprehensive Medication Management services as well as Diabetes Self-Management Education and Tobacco Cessation Counseling.
- Free Nurse Practitioner Services. People without access to primary care can receive health services and lab testing from our on-site provider.
- Free Insurance Navigator Services. People who need help navigating insurance can access our on-site Navigator to sign up for Medicaid, Medicare, and Marketplace insurance plans.
- Free Emergency Access. We provide 1-month of immediate service to new patients with emergency healthcare access needs. For ongoing services, patients must make an appointment for income-based certification.