June 1, 2021
Appointments Available at The CEI Foundation Vision Clinic
The CEI Foundation Vision Clinic, operated by The Cincinnati Eye Institute Foundation, provides free eye exams to neighbors without insurance. Eligible patients may receive a prescription and a voucher for a free pair of glasses.
At this time, the clinic’s services are accessible by appointment only. Appointments are available two Thursdays per month, from 9am – 12pm, at the Neyer Outreach Center, located at 1146 Bank Street. To schedule an appointment, please call 513-207-6140.
To qualify for clinic care, you must be:
- 18 years or older
- Have no current eyecare provider
- Have no eye insurance, including Medicare
- Meet income requirements by the federal government, and must bring with you one of the following income verification forms:
- W2 or SSA benefit verification letter
- Current pay stub
- A note signed by an agency on their letterhead stating they are assisting this patient/individual due to their low income or lack thereof
- Homeless certificate
- Food stamp verification letter
- Comprehensive dilated eye exams
- Eligible patients may receive an eyewear voucher for a free pair of glasses, redeemable at participating Lenscrafters or Pearle Vision locations (list of locations provided at appointment).
- If prescription medication is required, St. Vincent de Paul will help patients apply for free or reduced-cost medications.
- At the time of the exam, if surgery or other ongoing care is required, we will refer patients to the UC Eye Clinic.
Ready to pay us a visit? Please call 513-207-6140 to schedule an appointment.