Named in remembrance of the founder of St. Vincent de Paul, The Frederic Ozanam Legacy of Hope Society honors those who have created a prevision in their estate plans to benefit The Society of St. Vincent de Paul-Cincinnati. Planned gifts of all sizes help to expand and strengthen our mission of person-to-person service to those who are in need and suffering.
Through the Frederic Ozanam Legacy of Hope Society, you have a unique opportunity to support the important future work of The Society, and by your example, to encourage others to do the same.
"Christianity is not about ideas but about deeds inspired by love." – Frederic Ozanam
Avenues for Giving
Below are several ideas for you to consider for planned giving. The specific plan best for you will depend on your personal circumstances.
- Outright Gifts
- Wills and Bequests
- Living Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Life Insurance Policies with St. Vincent de Paul as a Beneficiary
- Gifts of Real Estate
- Gifts of Retirement Plan Assets
- Charitable Gift Annuities
Uses of Planned Gifts
Your gift can be restricted for a specific purpose or it can be used to support our mission where the need is greatest. Some of the ways your gift will support our mission include:
- Providing-saving medication for our Charitable Pharmacy patients
- Stocking our food pantries with basic necessities
- Enhancing the formation and training of our Vincentian volunteers
- Expanding the Conference Assistance Fund which provides support for our parish-based groups
- Increasing the reach of our Homelessness Prevention Program
Plan Tomorrow's Gift Today
Leaving a bequest or planning a gift to the Society of St. Vincent de Paul creates a life-changing legacy of hope for the future. Making your wishes known through a will assures that your intentions are fulfilled and allows you to plan your gift for greatest legal and tax advantage to your heirs.
Careful planning can ensure that you realize maximum benefit from your giving. For instance, equity donations - stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other properties- can provide support for the Society while accruing multiple tax advantages for the donor.
Contacting your financial advisor or calling the Society for a referral is the first step toward sound planned giving. For more information about planning a gift, please contact Claire Luby, Development Manager, (513) 562-8841, ext. 259.