“We should assist the poor in every way and do it by ourselves and by enlisting the help of others…To do this is to preach the gospel by words and by work.” - St. Vincent de Paul
Rooted in St. Vincent de Paul’s mission and tradition, Vincentian Volunteers of Cincinnati is a faith-based, year-long, residential service program. The program provides young professionals in their twenties an opportunity to grow in faith, friendship and service by giving deeply of themselves to their neighbors in need.
Follow the Vincentian Volunteers of Cincinnati's Blog to hear what current Vincentian Volunteers are learning and experiencing.
View the Vincentian Volunteers of Cincinnati brochure here.
Don't miss the VVC Open House:
Live in Faith – The Vincentian Volunteers live in intentional community with each other for 11 months in a home in the West End. The community has regular opportunities for shared reflection and prayer, in addition to attending three retreats. Each volunteer participates regularly in a parish-based St.Vincent de Paul Conference and has an opportunity for mentorship by a Vincentian who journeys with them throughout the year.
Grow in Friendship – St. Vincent de Paul's motto, “Neighbors Helping Neighbors,” comes alive as Vincentian Volunteers enter into relationship with each other, with retreatants through the Ozanam Center for Service Learning, with local Vincentians, and with neighbors who come to St. Vincent de Paul for support and assistance.
Serve in Solidarity – Vincentian Volunteers work full-time for St. Vincent de Paul in a variety of areas, including the Choice Food Pantry, Charitable Pharmacy, Social Services, Development/Marketing, Logistics for our Thrift Stores, and the Ozanam Center for Service Learning. Volunteers learn new skills and gain invaluable hands-on professional experience to position them for a life-long vocation of service. As active members of a local St. Vincent de Paul Conference, Volunteers are welcomed into the homes of our neighbors in need, providing a unique opportunity to provide person-to-person service.
As part of their 11 months of service, Vincentian Volunteers receive:
- Education Award upon completion of service
- Room and Board
- Monthly personal and cell phone stipends
- Health Insurance
- Personal and Spiritual formation
- Professional development and Career exploration
- Assistance with securing loan deferment
Are you ready to serve your neighbors in need?
1. Contact Maura Carpinello at (513) 562-8841 ext 239 or mcarpinello@SVDPcincinnati.org.
2. Complete online application and submit.
3. Request a reference from three people – a mentor, an academic/professional reference, and someone you have lived with.
4. Interview process (in person or via Skype).
5. If accepted, placement decisions made with Program Director to determine work placement.
6. August 30, 2015 – move-in day! Let the adventure begin…