Program Manager, Ozanam Center for Service Learning
St. Vincent de Paul - Cincinnati’s Ozanam Center for Service Learning inspires participants to grow spiritually through transformative immersion experiences that connect neighbors from diverse backgrounds and engage in meaningful service, conversation, prayer and reflection.
Scope of Position: The Program Manager is responsible for leading a team to create, plan and facilitate service immersion retreats, workshops and training. The Program Manager collaborates with SVDP staff, community partners and volunteers to inspire participants through transformative service learning experiences. The Program Manager joins SVDP leadership to form the Ozanam Center strategic plan consistent with our organization’s vision, mission and priorities. The Program Manager cultivates existing relationships and works to build new relationships with local schools, parishes, universities and professional and faith-based groups. The Program Manager is a full-time position. Work weeks will vary seasonally and will include night/weekend work.
Job Responsibilities: A lead staff person who:
- Serves as a liaison with parties interested in retreats, area community partners and service learning center volunteers.
- Develops service learning curriculum addressing current social justice issues, integrating Catholic Social Teaching and Vincentian spirituality.
- Supervises Service Learning Program Coordinator, contract staff, interns and volunteers.
- Oversees development and implementation of business plan and marketing strategy based on Center Strategic Plan.
- Develops and tracks performance measures for Ozanam Center Programming.
- Oversees service learning center calendar consistent with Strategic Plan, focusing outreach efforts to optimize immersion retreat opportunities.
- Staffs all retreats and programs with qualified retreat leaders and support staff, including leading some Ozanam Center events.
- Provides Ozanam Center Staff and volunteers with ongoing opportunities for professional development and spiritual growth.
- Collaborates with local universities and high schools to support existing school-based SVdP Conferences and nurture new local school-based Conferences.
- Establishes and engages a diverse Ozanam Center Advisory Committee to support the Program Manager.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience—preferably in a field of faith and social justice. Excellent administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills required. An ability to communicate well orally and in writing; the ability to effectively relate to people of different cultural and economic backgrounds in person and in group settings is essential. A desire and proven ability to lead a dynamic and cooperative team is necessary. Experience in service learning, human services, nonprofit leadership, volunteer coordination or related field preferred. Applicants must be VIRTUS certified or achieve VIRTUS certification prior to start date. A working knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and an openness to fostering the spirituality of St. Vincent de Paul is desired.
Operate a computer keyboard. Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. Ability to see for purposes of reading printed material. Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels. Ability to speak so that others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone. Must be able to travel throughout Greater Cincinnati to share the work of St. Vincent de Paul with diverse groups and organizations.
Candidates should forward current resume & cover letter, reference contacts, and salary expectations to:
Ozanam Center for Service Learning
Society of St Vincent de Paul, Cincinnati District Council
1125 Bank Street
Cincinnati, OH 45214-2130
No calls, please.
Help Wanted at Our 7 Neighborhood Thrift Store & Donation Centers!
Cashiers, stock clerks, warehousemen, sales, assistant managers needed.
Apply in person at your neighborhood St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store or fill out the application below.